Monday, August 6, 2007

One of the Best Squirrel Solutions

This is one of my favorite solutions for keeping squirrels out of bird feeders, and I'll tell you why.

  • it doesn't require any batteries, which means it will work on all kinds of weather.

  • it doesn't have any moving parts, which means they won't rust, bind, or lock up in freezing rain.

  • it has four hooks which means you can hang multiple feeders on it; Four squirrel-proof bird feeders for the price of one!

  • it mounts into the ground very solidly.

  • I have never seen a squirrel able to climb around this baffle.



Squirrel System

This pole, of course, will only work if you have nothing nearby that a squirrel can jump from: no tree branches, fence posts, or hammock stands.

But I think this particular item gives you most bank for your buck. You have total flexibility of what you hang: you can start out with an oriole feeder, hummingbird feeder, and thistle feeder, and then substitute a peanut feeder for the oriorle feeder as the year goes on.

This item isn't particularly cheap, but the way I look at it, it's cheaper than buying four squirrel-proof bird feeders. And these baffles work extremely well.

I haven't seen this in many stores, but I know you can get it online. Duncraft sells it as their Squirrel Stopper System.

No comments: